Critical Reload Exercise Recovery Shake
A Supportive Collection of Journal & Book References
For Use In The Development of Critical Reload
*None of the references listed endorse ONS Performance or the use of its products.
- Biolo G, Fleming RYD, Wolfe RR. Physiological hyperinsulinemia stimulates protein synthesis and enhances transport of selected amino acids in human skeletal muscle. J Clin Invest 1996;95:811-19.
- Biolo G, Maggi SP, Williams BD, Tipton KD, Wolfe RR. Increased rates of muscle protein turnover and amino acid transport after resistance exercise in humans. Am J Phys 1995;268:R514-E520.
- Biolo G, Tipton KD, Klein S, Wolfe RR. An abundant supply of amino acids enhances the metabolic effect of exercise on muscle protein. Am J Phys 1997;273:E122-E129.
- Brouns, F Stroecken SJ, Thijssen BR, Rehrer NJ, ten Hoor F. Eating, drinking and cycling: a controlled Tour de France simulation study: Part II, Effect of diet manipulation. Int J Sports Med 1989;10:S41-S48.
Colgan M. Optimum Sports Nutrition. New York, NY: Advanced Research Press, 1993.
- Dangin, et al., The digestion rate of protein is an independent regulating factor of postprandial protein retention. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab, Feb 2001; 280: E340 - E348.
- Fallowfield JL, Williams C. CHO intake and recovery from prolonged exercise. Int. J Sport Nutr 1993;3:150-64.
- Friedman JE, Lemon PWR. Effect of chronic endurance exercise on retention of dietary protein. Int J Sports Med 1989;10:118-23.
- Gastelu, D, Hatfield, F. Performance Nutrition: the complete guide. International Sports Sciences Association, 2000.
- Goldberg AL, Chang TW. Regulation and significance of amino acid metabolism in skeletal muscle. Fed Proc 1978;37:2301-7.
- Ivy JL, M. C. Lee, J. T. Brozinick Jr and M. J. Reed. Muscle glycogen storage after different amounts of carbohydrate ingestion. Appl Physiol 65: 2018-2023, 1988.
- Ivy JL, Goforth HW Jr, Damon BM, McCauley TR, Parsons EC, Price TB. Early post-exercise muscle glycogen recovery is enhanced with a carbohydrate-protein supplement. J Appl Physiol. 2002 Oct;93(4):1337-44.
- Jenkins DJA, Cuff D, Wolever TMS, et al. Low glycemic index: lente CHOs and physiolgical effects of altered food frequency. Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59(suppl):S706-S9.
- Kaye K. Brownlee, Alex W. Moore and Anthony C. Hackney. Relationship Between Circulating Cortisol & Testosterone: Influence of Physical Exercise. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2005) 4, 76-83.
- René Koopman, et al., Combined ingestion of protein and free leucine with carbohydrate increases postexercise muscle protein synthesis in in male subjects. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 288: E645-E653, 2005.
- Krempf M, Hoerr RA, Pelletier VA, Marks LM, Gleason R, Young VR. An isotopic study of the effect of dietary carbohydrate on the metabolic fate of leucine and phenylalnine. Am J Clin Nutr 1993;57:161-9.
- Lemon PWR, Mullin JP. The effect of initial muscle glycogen levels on protein catabolism during exercise. J Appl Physiol 1980;48:624-9.
- MacLean DA, Spriet LL, Hultman E, Grahm TE. Plasma and muscle amino acid ammonia responses during prolonged exercise in humans. J Appl Physiol 1991;70:2095-103.
- Meridith CN, Zackin MJ, Frontera WR, Evans WJ. Dietary protein requirements and body protein metabolism in endurance-trained men. J Appl Physiol 1989;66:2850-6.
- Miller et al., Independent and combined effects of amino acids and glucose after resistance exercise. Med & Science in Sports & Exercise, 35:449-455, 2003.
- Phillips SM, Atkinson SA, Tarnopolsky MA, MacDougall JD. Gender difference in leucine kinetics and nitrogen balance in endurance athletes. J Appl Physiol 1993;75:2134-41.
- Todd KS, Butterfield GE, Calloway DH. Nitrogen balance in men with adequate and deficient energy intake at three levels of work. J Nutr 1984;114:2107-18.
- Tarnopolsky MA, MacDougall JD, Atkinson SA Influence of protein intake and training status on nitrogen balance and lean body mass. J Appl Physiol 1990;68:302-8.
- Tipton, K., Rasmussen B., Miller S., Wolfe S., Owens-Stovall S., Petrini B., Wolfe R. Timing of amino acid-carbohydrate ingestion alters anabolic response to resistance exercise. American Journal of Physiology, Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2001. 281 (2):E197-206
- Kevin D. Tipton et al., Timing of amino acid-carbohydrate ingestion alters anabolic response of muscle to resistance exercise. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 281: E197-E206, 2001
- Welle S, Matthews DE, Campbell RG, Nair KS. Stimulation of Protein turnover by carbohydrate overfeeding in men. Am J Physiol 1989;E413-E417.
- Williams et, al., Effects of recovery drinks after prolonged glycogen restoration and endurance performance. Journal of Strength & Conditioning, 17:12-19, 2003.
- Wolfe RR, Wolfe MH, Nadel ER, Shaw JFH. Isotopic determination of amino acid-urea interactions in exercise humans. Am J Physiol 1984;56:221
- Zawadzki KM, Yaspelkis BB, Ivy JL. CHO-protein complex increases the rate of muscle glycogen storage after exercise. J Appl Physiol 1992;72:1854-9.